• Reciprocity and Collaboration: mutually transformational exchanges with shared benefits for all partners and stakeholders.
• Authenticity: care for the knowledge and teaching that the UMC is entrusted to research and share.
• Creativity and Innovation: a continuing spirit of creative inquiry which leads to innovative responses and renewal.
• Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: a recognition of the diversity inherent in our society and the importance of the wide variety of voices and perspectives that this engenders.
• Integrity: honesty, openness, and ethical behaviour in research, information sharing, educational programming, and public engagement in general.
• Stewardship: caring for the collection for the benefit of future generations.