JOB POSTING: Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant (Full-Time)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Application Deadline: 3PM, Friday, August 18, 2023
Job Start Date: September 2023
Location: Ukrainian Museum of Canada, 910 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK
The Ukrainian Museum of Canada, in Saskatoon, SK, is a dynamic cultural heritage museum, archives, and community space operating in a period of creative regrowth. We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the museum’s financial operations and administrative functions, playing a vital role in supporting our mission.
- Manage all financial transactions, including accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, and payroll processing.
- Reconcile bank statements and financial records regularly for accuracy.
- Prepare financial reports, such as profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- File quarterly GST returns.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and finance committee to ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date general ledger.
- Follow generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and applicable accounting standards.
- Collaborate with the Retail and Visitor Services Officer to track and manage inventory for the museum’s gift shop and other merchandise.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Museum’s management and staff.
- Handle incoming inquiries, phone calls, and emails, directing them to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate office supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Monitor the Museum’s physical premises for necessary upkeep and repair.
- Member and Donor Management:
- Assist in managing member and donor databases and processing donations.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence as needed.
- Ensure confidentiality and proper record-keeping for all donor-related information.
- Assist in researching potential grant opportunities.
- Collaborate on preparing grant applications and funding proposals.
- Monitor and track grant progress and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in bookkeeping and financial management.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial tools (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or museum environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian culture and history is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required. Knowledge of Ukrainian or other languages is beneficial.
Salary range: $43K – $55K, plus benefits
Why Join Us?
The Ukrainian Museum of Canada is a vibrant cultural institution dedicated to preserving and promoting Ukrainian heritage as a living culture. As a Full-Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting our financial operations and administrative functions. We offer a creative and supportive workplace, an extended benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth within the organization.
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic about Ukrainian culture and meet the qualifications outlined above, we invite you to apply for this position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.